By Rocaya Sumndad Otical
MARAWI CITY, Lanao del Sur: The Ministry of Basic, Higher and Technical Education of Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (MBHTE-BARMM) has designated a new ‘Focal Person’ of the schools division of Lanao del Sur-I.
In a memorandum, MBHTE minister Mohagher Iqbal has designated Dr. Mombao Benito Abdul, education program supervisor 4, as the new Focal Person of the division.
She replaced Aleida Nameerah Mangata-Noor.
In her acceptance speech of her designation, Dr. Abdul said the news came as a great surprise to her.
“But I cannot deny the fact that I am very happy and proud because I feel (my effort,) that I have to harvest the several years of my true service and commitment,” she said.
“I’m here today not because I’m better or more naturally talented than anybody else. I’m here because I strongly believe that I am qualified academically and professionally to the position and above all it is the MERCY OF ALLAH [S.W.T.],” she added.
Abdul is a Doctor of Philosophy in Educational Management, a MAED in school management and holds a Bachelor of Secondary Education (BSE) degree. She has been in government service for 26 years.
She is married to Custom Officer Menor D. Abdul and blessed with six children.
Abdul vowed to continue working hard towards the success of the division of LDS1, “and will not let down anyone of you Nsaallah (God willing).”
She believes the position comes with great responsibility and even so, “it is an incredible opportunity for me to demonstrate my abilities and whatever I have learnt.”
Dr. Abdul pledged to continue the important and valued works of those that came before me.”
Functions of a Focal person
The Focal Person performs many of the functions and roles of a schools division superintendent (SDS).
Minister Iqbal concurrently acts as SDS of Lanao del Sur-I from the very time he assumed the leadership of the Bangsamoro education ministry.
Abdul’s functions as enumerated in Iqbal’s memorandum dated 15 September 2020, that designates her as Focal Person are:
- Perform routinary functions such as receiving and releasing of office documents;
- Supervision and regular monitoring of schools within Lanao delSur-1 Division and submit report thereafter;
- Indorsement to the undersigned (minister) of all disbursement vouchers and checks of the Division for his (minister) approval and signature;
- Preparation of all Letter Orders, Office Orders, Detail Orders, and Rvocation Orders shall be subject to the approval of the undersigned;
- Inform the local ban of the Schools Division Office (SDO) for Lanao del Sur-1 for the new designation and submit thereafter signatories to the bank; and
- Such other functions as may be required by the undersigned (minister).