COTABATO CITY: The City Council here passed a resolution Tuesday requesting the national Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) on coronavirus disease (Covid-19) to revert the status of the city to enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) mode due to the sudden rise of Covid-19 cases.
The city is currently under the modified general community quarantine status.
This as 92 health workers of the Cotabato Regional and Medical Center (CRMC) here remain under quarantine after being exposed to a three-year-old child from Lanao del Sur who died at the hospital recently.
Contact tracing is still ongoing, Dr. Helen Yambao, CRMC chief, said, adding that the hospital now is operating under limited admissions to contain the spread of infection.
The CRMC is the referral hospital for Covid-19 cases in Central Mindanao and provinces of the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao in mainland Mindanao.
“From 62, the number of CRMC staff workers suspected of having been infected after their exposure to the child has risen to 92 and they are all being tested for the virus,” Councilor Japal Guiani III, author of the proposal, said in a media interview Wednesday.
All the exposed hospital staff workers are now quarantined in the hospital’s isolation facility. The city has so far recorded 22 Covid-19 confirmed cases, 15 of which have recovered.
“We have forwarded the resolution to the Regional IATF which in turn will forward it to the NIATF,” Guiani said, adding he and his colleagues expect a reply to their request from both NIATF and RIATF by next week.