COVID-19

12 returning Davao Oriental residents recover from Covid-19

Google map of Davao Oriental.

DAVAO CITY: The 12 individuals who tested positive for the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) in Davao Oriental last week have already recovered, the provincial government said Thursday.

In a statement, the provincial government said the 12 patients from the municipalities of Banaybanay and San Isidro include eight Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) and four individuals with travel history to Maguindanao.

Dr. Reden Bersaldo, action officer of the Provincial Task Force on Covid-19, said the results were based on the official report from the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) and the Department of Health in Davao Region (DOH-11).

With the negative results, Bersaldo said the 12 patients are set to be discharged from the community quarantine centers of their respective local government units and will continue their 14-day quarantine at home.

“After 14 days, these individuals will again be subjected to a swab test to ensure that they have already fully recovered,” Bersaldo added.

He also said that all the direct and close contacts of the patients, including the driver and health workers who looked after them, have turned out negative in their RT-PCR swab test.

“This means that there is no local transmission and that the virus was contained,” he added.

Amid the recovery of the 12 patients, Davao Oriental has registered two new positive cases, which include a 36-year-old OFW from the municipality of Caraga who arrived in the province on May 29, and a 54-year-old locally stranded individual from Mati City who arrived in the province from Tarlac on May 31.

Both patients are currently asymptomatic and in stable condition and are under strict isolation at their respective LGU’s patient care centers, Bersaldo said.

Meanwhile, Governor Nelson Dayanghirang lauded the efforts of the different teams of the province and LGUs for ensuring that the coronavirus is contained.

“On behalf of the people of Davao Oriental, let me express our sincerest respect and gratitude to all of you and to your families. Please know that we value your courage and sacrifices,” Dayanghirang said.

Dayanghirang also called on the public to seriously observe the minimum health standard such as safe physical distancing, wearing face masks, hand washing, and staying at home and avoid going out as much as possible.

 (PNA/ Che Palicte/ SRNY/ RSP)

Categories: COVID-19, Region 11

Tagged as: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.