The PNP, together with the AFP and other law enforcement agencies as deputized by the COMELEC, will ensure a secure, safe and fair conduct of the National and Local elections, the ARMM Regional Office reportedly said.
Long before the election period, security preparations are being undertaken by different concerned agencies.
For the elections 2016, PNP has activated the National Task Force Secure and Fair Elections (NTF “SAFE 2016”) to conduct the security coverage for the Elections.
Through COMELEC Resolution No 10020, the following are some of the roles of the DILG, NAPOLCOM and the PNP for the Elections 2016:
– Effect of no changes in the assignments of PNP personnel during Election period
– Provide security personnel to COMELEC officials performing election duties
– Provide security to polling places, canvassing/consolidation centers, etc.
– Provide security escorts to candidates subject to the conditions and restrictions on the Resolution imposing Gun Ban and other deadly weapons and ban on the use of security personnel or bodyguards
– Assist COMELEC in implementing the prohibited acts during the Election
– The PNP remains apolitical and assures that it will never allow itself to be used by any official or political group for their own personal gain especially during the Election
– The PNP remains committed to the Filipino people and to its sworn duty in ensuring peace and order in enforcing the law, the report finally said. (FEDJr)